Sunday, July 16, 2006

Embroidery Conference





The first ever embroidery conference came to Saratoga. My friend Linda (I call her Toohey babe)..LOL..went because nothing ever...ever comes to our area..and it was only an hour away. My longarm dealer was there, so of course I bought some thread from them. To my delight, there was a Marathon booth. They also have thread, that I use A LOT! I was ready to place an order but since they were there I did not have to. HEAVEN!!
Linda and I attended two seminars, one on design placement for embroidering..verrry informative...and a seminar with Kaye Wood..after which of course we ran the the show floor and bought all of her rulers...Hey they don't call me "Ruler Queen" for nothing!!!!
Here is a pict of us with Kay. After all the weight I have lost, I wish I would win the lottery and have the loose chin skin removed..they say no matter how much I lose that will always be there..YUCK! (But five grand for a chin....I think not!)

2 comments:

Quiltgranny said...

So tell me more about the rulers? And how about posting those beautiful quilt pictures here, too! That way I can come back and see them again and again - and I can send people over to see them, too!

Susan said...

Do you realize almost a year has gone by? Are you going to that conference again? Is it in the same place?